Thursday 8 September 2016

New York City - Impossible Burger

So I have finally tasted the infamous Impossible Burger! (well, it is infamous to me...lol).


The Impossible Burger is a vegetarian burger that tastes like a beef burger. It's good, but problem is I have never tasted a beef burger in my life, so I can't compare...lol. I asked the patrons around me and they said it tastes the same.

Well, knowing that beef burger tastes like this, will I ever eat a real beef burger? NO! hehehe

I tried beef for the first time this year. I thought it's alright. I definitely didn't feel like I missed out in the past 20 over years of my life and it is not something I crave for.

Well, you may be wondering, if you want to eat meat, eat the real thing right? Yes, I agree. I don't get why people who have turned vegetarian look for vegetarian chicken or beef, isn't it defeating the purpose? If you want to eat meat - eat it! 

But this burger was created to solve another problem. The burger was created by a tech start-up, Impossible Foods, to find new ways to create environment-friendly food using technology. With the growing world population, there is a gradual depletion in resources to raise animals for consumption. This includes land and water and also the fuel needed to run the machines used for farming. You can produce a lot more food from a crop of wheat than you can from a herd of cattle. Hence, scientists at Impossible Foods are using plant based extracts to create foods that taste like meat. (I was rest assured by my scientist friend that this is non-GMO.. lol)

To read more about the creation of the meat and to understand what makes beef taste like beef, click here: Impossible Burger

This is what I am afraid of: technology taking over food! We should enjoy food for the way it is meant to be! World population, control your hormones!...lol...joking! Now that I have tried it, I will go back to avoiding foods made this way. I want the original :D

You can try the Impossible Burger at Momofuku Nishi
232 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10011


No comments :

Post a Comment